Monday, February 16, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Do you ever wonder where your kids come up with some of the things that they say?  Do you wonder who they're telling your business to?  It seems that I have a child who not only likes to chat, but sometimes embellishes stories too.

So, Jack and I are hanging out at my parents one afternoon last week after I got off work.  He and I are both laying on the floor talking to them.  He said to me, "Mimi, mommy, mimi, I mean Mommy". (He gets my mom's and my names mixed up sometimes.)  So, I asked him what my real name is.  He said, "Mommy".  I then asked him what my real, first name was.  He couldn't remember.  My mom asked if my first name was Ben, Tom, or Bryan.  He replied no to all three.

My mom then told him that she would give him a hint.  She asked the million dollar question, "What does your Daddy call your Mommy?" (Meanwhile, I'm thinking "oh, crap!" on this one.  I knew that it would be a wild card on what would come out of his mouth.)  Sure enough, he didn't disappoint.  His reply was an emphatic, "Sugar!".  

Now, anyone who knows Ben knows that he would NEVER call me Sugar.  I don't know where this kid gets it...I suppose Sugar is more complimentary than some of the other things he could have come up with...

Come to find out that earlier that day he told my parents that Ben kisses me on the lips and then demonstrated it.  Needless to say, I rushed home to tell Ben the whole story in a very hushed voice and then read him the riot act about watching what he says AND does.  Even when you don't think Jack's paying attention, the little sponge is absorbing EVERYTHING!  You never know who he's going to tell it to, and when he does, it could be a bit embellished or skewed!


1 comment:

Matt and Bethany said...

I completely agree about the whole sponge-thing. Lexi says things and I don't know where she gets it from! So far, nothing to embarass mom and dad, though!