Friday, March 13, 2009

It's A.......

Yesterday was our official 20 week'ish ultrasound.  (I am actually 22 weeks today.)  All baby systems looked good:  spinal cord is "beautiful" according to the technician, two arms and two legs, functioning kidneys and bladder, and the skull looks normal.

The baby is 1 pound and is in the 41 st percentile for growth.  At 21 weeks and 6 days (calculated by my ob), the baby is measuring 22 weeks and 1 day.  We're right on track for growth and development.

Then the money question....what is the gender????  Mother's intuition once again failed me.  My ob's prediction failed me.  My mom's prediction failed me.  Yes, we are having another one...a BOY!!!!!  Claire (the dog) and I are soon to be outnumbered by testosterone and raised toilet seats.  All in all, kind of lucky for me because I couldn't create a french braid to save my life!!

Now we have some direction for working on a name---our next hurdle.  Any suggestions? 

1 comment:

Matt and Bethany said...

Congrats! Now you won't need many clothes!! At least now Lexi and Jill BOTH have future husbands with great parents for in-laws! LOL!