Wednesday, August 13, 2008

"Potty, Potty, Potty!"

Ok...we've entered the land of potty training.  It's going REALLY well.  Jack has successfully made it a few times in the car to and from Mimi and Pop's house without an accident.  Yesterday went out without a hitch, so I decided "why not?" today.
It was an early morning for us--cholesterol clinic day.  I got Jack up and he used the potty.  So far, so good.  I withheld his normal morning sippy cup of milk.  Smart, I thought.  We loaded up in the car.  Two minutes from home, he yelled, "Potty!  Potty!".  I pulled over in a church parking lot, of all places.  I popped open the hatch on the wagon, set the potty in, and he did his thing.  Ok.  I can deal with this, I am thinking.
Five miles later, "Potty!  Potty!".  Pulled off the paved road onto a dirt road.  Popped the hatch again and set up shop.  Successful, except for the eighteen mosquito bites I got while hanging out by the cornfield.  Pretty full morning...and all before 6:30am!  For the record, on a normal day, it's only a 20 minute commute! 

1 comment:

Matt and Bethany said...

That is great! I am so glad you are doing the potty thing before we are... now I have someone to tell me all the right (and wrong) things to do. Port-a-potty in the back of the car ~ CHECK!