Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Library Day!

Today Jack went to the library with my parents for his weekly group.  Last week was a little rough for him...he was influenced by some naughty classmates and decided to join in their antics.  Who knows...maybe he was the ring leader.  I am not one of those parents who kids themselves and thinks that my child only acts up when he's around "bad kids".  This week, things went MUCH better.  Mimi reported that he was extremely well behaved and all the kids wanted to hold his hand in the circle.  She said that Jack bent down and took the hand of a little girl who wasn't joining on one side, and on the other, a hand of a difficult classmate who was acting badly.  My heart leapt!  My child showed compassion and tolerance.  I know it sounds a little far-fetched to infer these things from one little act, but hearing it made me want to cry--just a little.  I don't think I'm overly hormonal, I am just excited as I look at this little man who has morphed from my baby!

Update on Jack's fish:  All four goldfish have now died and the bottom feeder thing too.  Ben and I suck at keeping fish alive.  Thank goodness we are better at parenting than aquatics!  Drained tank, refilled, conditioned water, and getting new fish tomorrow.  We're going for something more resilient and harder to kill.  Wish us luck!!!!

No comments: