Monday, September 22, 2008

When Did He Grow Up?

So, we got back from Vegas on Friday night.  We were only gone for five nights total.  I am in awe of how much our son has grown up.  It's probably been happening all along, but when you're with him day after day, you don't tend to notice as much.  Today, I am proud to report that he wore his big boy underwear in the CAR BOTH WAYS from Mimi and Pop's house with NO ACCIDENTS.  This is a first for a round trip of success.  I am so proud of him!

He's becoming so verbal...and actually making sense.  We've not graduated to saying "yes" yet, but are now saying "uh-huh" instead.  A huge improvement and a breakthrough in the communication process.

When I was young, my Grandma used to say that life passes by so quickly.  Before you know it, your kids are grown up, ect...  I just thought it was an old person thing.  I lived a life where summers were never ending and the school year was even longer.  I think that I have reached that old person place.  Days, weeks, months, and years now seem to fly.  I can't believe that my 7 lb. 4 oz. baby is now two years old, going potty on a big toilet, and forming five word sentences!  Where does the time go?

No comments: